Tuesday 29 November 2011

Review: Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson.

Author: R. J. Anderson
Publisher: Orchard Books
Date published: June 2011
Pages: 410


Summary:
Everything you believe is wrong.

Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.
This is not her story.
Unless you count the part where I killed her.

Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?


Now, let me tell you my story. I thought this book was going to be disgusting, because A) i thought the murder was a old man, B) i thought it was going to be boring and C) i thought the author was boring. And i was going to be like: yeah this book is bad and blah, blah, blah. But, now i can't because now that i have read it i want to kill myself. This is because, A) the murderer isn't a old guy but a girl that has synthesis. B) It's not boring! And C) It's by R. J. Anderson! 
          sigh, i have been soooo stupid! It's by R. J. Anderson. The Author who wrote Rebel a.k.a Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter. My favourite faire books. Anybody who doesn't like it must be crazy!


My summary:
Alison is not a normal girl. She can taste words, she can see things that people can't see and she can hear what people can't hear. She wakes up not in her bed but mental institute for teens. She can't remember how she got here, where she is, what's going on and why is she in a mental institute? When Alison wakes up she is moved to another institute for teens. She tries to impress Dr Minta so she can go home. However when the mysterious new staff comes along she can't help but just stare at him. He's got violet eyes and his name (Faraday) is full of violet and tastes like chocolate. However when Alison tells how she killed Tori Faraday believes her. Faraday trusts her. But, Faraday is holding secrets as well. Will he tell Alison? Or, will he keep it a secret . . .


Review:
I loved this book! It was a perfect read. I also love it because i love books where someone has a sickness. I think i love those kind of books because you can see, feel and hear what they can. The characters in this book was all meant to be there. Everyone had a place in the book. I also love Kirk's character. I would love him as a friend, even though he does crazy things sometimes.


My rating:





1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this book the synopsis sounds really good and I love the cover, new follower, here's mine if you'd like to check it out

    www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...