Thursday 10 November 2011

Review: Unhooking the moon by Gregory Hughes.


Two orphans on a road-trip they'll never forget . . .
'Where are you going?' asked border patrol.
'We're going to New York to see our grandma and the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty and everything. And our granny's going to bake us her very own apple pie.' She sounded so convincing. Some days I wondered who the Rat really was.
'What's your granny's name?' asked the officer. That's it! The Rat's Little Red Riding Hood performance had ruined us.
'Grandma, of course.'
I was relieved when I heard laughter.
'Would you like to see our birth certificates?' said the Rat.
She always had to overdo it! She wouldn't be satisfied until we were locked up!"

Meet the Rat: A dancing, soccer-playing, gangster-wise prairie kid.
When the Rat's father dies, she decides to head for New York. What can her older brother Bob do but follow?


I am going to be straight forward. I didn't really like this book. The first chapter was confusing because it was taking about things that i didn't understand. It would have been better for me if the author described the character and the setting first. However some people might hang on to the book till the end so they can find out what it really is about. 

My rating:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...