Tuesday 24 April 2012

Tuesday Teasers (14)

Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey
Pages: 278
Publisher: Boomsbury
Published: January 17th 2012
Summay:
there's nothing more wicked than fate.

'You must come with me,' he said urgently.
'Please. I ahve found you, the others will as well.'
It's not every day that a gourgeous guy carrying a sword kneels right at your feet. Especially not in a car park of an ice cream parlour in front of all of you firends. they may be impressed but Eloise Hart is mortified. And that's before he vows to protect her from a faery king!
But Eloise soon comes to realise that Lord Strahan, king of faery, is very real danger. Abducted and trapped in his underground Rath, she is used as a lure for Straha's wife, he aunt Antonia-the only person with the power to end his trynnical rule.
With the help of best friends Jo and Devin, eloise must find a way to rescue her aunt and save both Faery and the mortal world from unimagineable Chaos. But at what cost?

Teaser:

" 'My lady Eloise,' he said in avoice just made for long summer nights and acoustic guitars. 'Finally, you are undressed to your eyes.'
'Whoa.' I took a step backward. 'What?'
Jo was truing so hard not to laugh at the look on my face that I thought ice cream was coming out of her nose, which would serve her right.' "



Masquerade (Heven and Hell #1)
By Cambria Hebert
Pages: 392
Publisher: Otherworld Publications
Published: December 16th 2011

Summary:

Before. Everything was so much better Before. I wasn’t haunted by nightmares, my place at school was secure and my face was flawless. Now, I’m a freak and everything has changed. The worst part is that I can’t remember the night I was sentenced to the shadows. The memory has been stolen from me and I just can’t shake the feeling that someone, something is out there -watching.
Just when I think I have my life handled, Sam, with his intimidating golden stare and shiver inducing voice, makes me realise that I don’t know anything. He makes me see that my scars don’t matter. That they never mattered. I can’t help but fall for him, completely unknowing that he knows exactly how I got this way. Not knowing he was involved.
***
Heven has no idea how closely death stalks her. She has no idea what I have done to keep her alive. I fear the day she learns my secrets, finds out what I really am. But even then I cannot stop, I vow to make things right. Finally her hunter will be hunted, Heaven and Hell, faith and sin will battle, and we will be victorious. But first, Heven must learn to be what she never imagined. I know her strength is there – I feel it. If we are to overcome all odds, she must push past her flaws - her frailties - to become much more.

Teaser:

"  She put a hand to her scars, whispering, "your love comes with a heavy pricetag." "  


4 comments:

  1. I love that line in Masquerade -- it's so pretty! <3 I actually just finished that book recently because of the read-along (is that why you read it too?) and I ADORED it. I haven't read Stolen Away yet, but since I've already loved so many of Alyxandra Harvey's books before, this one isn't far behind! ;)

    Thanks for sharing these teasers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, i got to read it in exchange for a review. God, yes! i adored Masquerade as well! I hope you enjoy Stolen Away as i did. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh! I still have not read one Alyxandra Harvey book! There are clearly things wrong with me, I've heard such good things about her! The Drake Chronicles especially:) Looking forward to your full review of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read Stolen Away it's mindblowing! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...