Monday 8 October 2012

Review: The Duff by Kody Keplinger


The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Pages: 343
Publisher: Hodder Children's Book 
Pub date: April 5th 2012 (First published on January 10th 2010)

Synopsis:

 Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper knows she's not the hottest girl at school, but when School Jock and resident Moron Wesley casually refers her as a Duff - Designated Ugly Fat Friend - the gloves are off!

If there's a thin line between love and hate then Bianca has crossed it. She just never thought she was capable of breaking anyone's heart . ..



Review: 

I picked up this book because of the many positive reviews. Although, i did love some factors there were some i didn't enjoy.

At first, Bianca was a character i liked. However, after a few chapters i didn't like her much. She wouldn't make her mind up if she wanted to be with many things and she was rash. Contrarily, my thoughts on Wesley was the opposite. I loved his character. In the beginning, we see Wesley as a player and a cocky character. But as we turn the pages we also see the development of Wesley's Character; He's still cocky, but, at the same time he's sweet and caring.

 "Confused, I unfolded the paper and read the single sentence that was scrawled across the top.
Wesley Rush doesn't chase girls, but i'm chasing you." 

Together, the two were a fun couple. I loved their bantering and jokes. Story wise it was the same. I loved how Bianca and Wesley got together at the end. She wanted to take it slowly and carefully, unlike the relationship they had before. Although, i did love the ending i still thought there could have been more.

“Spanish, huh?" he said, glancing down at the scattered papers as he grabbed them. "Can you say anything interesting?"
"El tono de tu voz hace que queria estrangularme." I stood up and waited for him to hand over my papers.
"That sounds sexy," he said, getting to his feet and handing me the stack of Spanish work he'd swept together. "What's it mean?"
"The sound of your voice makes me want to strangle myself."
"Kinky.”

Overall, The Duff for me is a love and hate read. Despite, that i'm still looking forward to reading more of Kody Keplinger's works.


Find more about Kody Keplinger at: Goodreads/ Her blog/ Her website/ Twitter/ Facebook

5 comments:

  1. I loved this book! Especially the quotes you shared. Wesley was a player and kind of a jerk at first but then he is so nice to Bianca and takes care of her. I love how he chased her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of Kody's book, but overall The DUFF is still my absolute favorite! I loved the message with the word DUFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this book. I want to read this book. I want to read this book. I want to read this book. I want to read this book. I want to read this book.

    Enough said, I love your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book! i loved Wesley and Bianca. Kody Keplinger's books are always fun to read. great review!
    follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored this book! I really loved the message of us all being DUFFs and the way in which the main character becomes more confident in her appearance throughout the novel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...